The Ontario Artist Blacksmith Association was found in 1982 by Lloyd Johnston, David Norrie, and Jim Wallace.
- Promote blacksmithing as a high quality creative craft and affordable art form which has a growing place in modern society
- To serve as an organization for blacksmiths in Ontario particularly, but not exclusively those who make it their profession
- Promote an exchange of creative ideas
- Provide an opportunity for teaching and learning about specific techniques of blacksmithing
- Provide a supportive network of communications for all members
OABA is an affiliate of ABANA, the Artist Blacksmith Association of North America.